With construction at The Hallmark going full steam ahead, our Head of Construction, Paul Neto takes a look at construction progress of this 15-storey apartment building located just 800 metres from Victoria Station.
Construction at The Hallmarkbegan in January 2017 with Fortis developing the scheme on our behalf, construction by Beaumont Morgan and designed by award-winning architects Broadway Malyan.
Q4 2017 milestones
- The crane was installed on site and the slab for basement floors -4 and -5 were put in place on over half the site, with both advancing in parallel as opposed to sequentially to maximise efficiency
- The foundations and substructure reach completion ahead of the Christmas break
Q1 2018 milestones
- Completion up to the second floor made quick progress and construction of the third floor began.
- The permanent marketing suite is opened to the public, displaying floorplans, touch screen 360-degree views of the development, internal and external space, fully-fitted kitchen and bathroom examples, and a state of the art Virtual Reality tour – apartment sales reach 40% of the total scheme
- The 6th floor has been concreted and construction of the 7th floor is underway, with the aim of topping out the whole building by the early Autumn
- The external bronze cladding is set to begin installation at the end of June
- The structure has now risen above most of the surrounding buildings, providing fantastic views across Manchester
- Latest drone footage is available to view
Once complete next summer, the 145 contemporary one, two and three bedroom apartments at The Hallmark will include residents-only access to a ground floor terrace with covered seating area, landscaped roof garden, spacious interior designed lobby and concierge facilities.
The development is moments from Victoria Station and a short walk from Manchester’s retail and leisure facilities.
Gareth Morgan, Director of Fortis stated,
Currently, the structural concrete frame of The Hallmark is progressing on programme, and I am excited to watch the development advance at an impressive rate.
Our permanent marketing suite is open Tuesday to Saturday inclusive, 10am – 5pm at Unit 5B York House, York Street, Manchester M2 3BB. If you would like to visit, please contact our sales team on 0161 696 6370 or email@example.com.